If you want to join in the forums on this site, you need to sign up. Use your SCA name as your login ID, with spaces and capital letters as appropriate. You'll be put in a queue, and if you're a real person and not a spammer you'll get authorised; otherwise, your account will be deleted. Here's all that again in point form:
- Use your SCA name as your login ID. We don't mind if it's unregistered, just as long as it's the name you answer to.
Good example: Frederick von Flintschtone, Isobel Eleanor Rhiannon de Cliche.
Bad examples: sexybeast69, frederick_von_flintschtone, Fred, Baron Frederick von Flintschtone OL KSCA.
- Your login ID has to include more than one word! That's because SCA names, to be registered, have to have more than one word. That means that if you don't include a space somewhere within your name, it'll get rejected. This is a remarkably effective spam prevention technique, so we won't be changing this policy. If you don't currently have a byname, add "of placename" or "the adjective". You can always change it later.
- You can't post on our forums until you're authorised by an administrator. That means: if you're signing up so you can spam the forums, don't bother. You'll never get past the administrators, because our user base is small enough that we know the people who will sign up, and you'll never guess well enough.
- When you sign up, you will need to wait for an Administrator to approve you, which shouldn't take more than half a day. After that, you'll usually start out with a status of Client on the system, and have access only to the Client-level features. If the Administrator knows that you're a herald, you'll get your status upgraded to Herald when you're approved. Otherwise, to change your status to Herald, you need to contact the Administrator for an upgrade.
- Spammers need to die. That's not a rule, it's just the truth.