There has been significant discussion regarding resumption of activities across the kingdom. In consultation with the Crown, SCA Ltd, SCANZ, Seneschals and the B&Bs, the following decision has been made:
- In Australia there are no in person SCA sponsored events, activities or meetings for the next 4 weeks.
- In New Zealand there are no in person SCA sponsored events, activities or meetings for the next 2 weeks.
The reasoning is as follows:
As a kingdom, we are wide and diverse, including the geographical locations that we reside in. These locations are directly influencing that a standard Lochac-wide response to the lifting of restrictions is not
- Australia and New Zealand are at different points in their levels of restrictions.
- There are also very different risk profiles for both countries.
- The health directives for each country is very different.
Regarding in person activities, we must consider the risks that affect every aspect of the SCA. At this stage, the following has been taken into consideration:
- Heavy and fencing activities cannot be run due to social distancing.
- The limitations of participants in activities does not allow all of the populace the opportunity to attend.
- The number cap on persons does not allow for any recruitment opportunities.
- We have a vulnerable percentage of our populace which denies them the opportunity to participate.
- There is the requirement to maintain social distancing measures which limits the use of some halls.
Towards the end of the period, the decisions will be reassessed in line with Federal and State government restrictions, as well as health directives.
If there any questions, concerns or issues regarding this, please contact me.
Countess Beatrice Maria Malatesta