Unto the populace of the Kingdom does Countess Beatrice, Lochac Seneschal send most gracious greetings!
The last 4 months have been very challenging times, and I am very proud of how the populace have moved through and adapted to the restrictions have been placed upon us all.
The Seneschallate and SCA Ltd have been working extensively to work on our risk assessment documents to progress to face to face activities and events in Australia. From tomorrow, this will now be possible, with restrictions in mind.
The SCA Ltd has approved a document, in line with approval from our insurer, that allows the Kingdom to proceed to hold face to face SCA sponsored activities in Australia. These activities are to be held in line with the restrictions outlined by local mundane jurisdictions and MUST be adhered to.
The document is located here: SCA Ltd COVID-19 Response Plan
I would encourage all members of the populace to read this document. NOTE: this is a living document, and will be updated as change requires.
There are a few items that I must highlight in this document:
- Face-to-face events must not be attended if you are unwell or showing cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Adhere to all mundane restrictions including social distancing and attendance limits. This directive is maintained by the Group Seneschal or their delegate (stewards, officers leading activities, etc.).
- Sanitising of all areas and equipment, including hand washing, is to be conducted at the beginning and conclusion of the event.
- Prepayment and/or cashless payment is mandatory. There is no cash to be handled at an SCA event.
- Until further notice there will be:
- No overnight events (unless permitted by the Kingdom Seneschal)
- No catering at any events
If there are any questions regarding this, please feel free to contact me.
In service to the Crown and dream